Housing will be coordinated and provided for REU participants on-campus at the Parkview Hall located on the Modesto A. Maidique Campus (MMC) . The following utilities are provided
- Wi-Fi and cable TV access (TV not included)
- Front desk with desk attendants
- Lounges for studying, socializing, and playing games (billards, table tennis, etc)
- Laundry rooms accepting cash and credit cards (1st floor)
- Full kitchen (kitchen appliances/supplies are not included)
- Living room
- Full mattress (size 54 x 80 x 6)
- Shared bathroom (floor plan shows double sinks on each sides of room, the actual room has single sinks on each side, toiletries not included)
- Laundry room on 1st floor accepting cash and credit cards
Parkview Hall at Modesto A. Maidique Campus (MMC) – 1599 SW 113 Avenue Miami, FL 33174
Parkview Hall Floor Plan
Here are the list of the items you need to take care of
Things not to bring
All REU applicants would receive a stipend of $25 per day for meals. Panther Dining offers 27 different restaurants across the Modesto Maidique and Engineering campuses. Whether you need a cup of coffee to start your day, a snack in between class or a full meal they’ve got you covered.
All REU students would be working at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department on the Engineering Campus; The Engineering Campus is located 1.7 miles away from the Modesto A. Maidique Campus (MMC) campus.
Engineering Campus At 10555 West Flagler Street
Travel route from MMC to Engineering Campus
The CATS shuttle travels between Modesto A. Maidique Campus and the Engineering Center. The service operates two shuttles from 6:00am-11:00pm, with departures every 15 minutes at the top of the hour starting at 6:00am from MMC and starting at 6:17am from EC. All shuttles will provide additional stops east of PG5, the Miami–Dade transit hub located at 107th Ave and 17th street, and at the new housing towers in the City of Sweetwater.
CATS Shuttle To Engineering Campus