The application for REU Site 2018 is now open.
- Undergraduate students majoring in a science or engineering discipline. High school graduates who have been accepted at an undergraduate institution but who have not yet started their undergraduate study are also eligible to participate.
- Students must be U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Students should have a minimum of 3.25 GPA.
Application Deadline: Feb 23rd, 2018.
Please apply by filling in the below form. Also do not forget to upload the following attachments as a single pdf file at the end of your application. Do not email them to Drs. Akkaya or Uluagac.
- A one page statement of interest that describes why the applicant is interested in the REU program, why he/she can be an exceptional candidate, the career goals and research interests. Please also include 1 or 2 potential projects you would like to work from projects
- A two-page resume
- Names and contact information of three references
- List of related courses taken and grades received (transcript)
Selections will be based on a combination of research interests, academic qualifications, and faculty recommendations.
<!-Although it is not mandatory, interested students are strongly encouraged to contact the faculty mentor listed on the link to get more information about the possible research project topics.->
For questions and further info please contact the FIU SST-REU site coordinators: